The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Stockholm has commenced processing e-passports for Kenyan nationals’ resident in the Nordics.
While the passport printing will be centrally done in Nairobi, applicants will be required to make applications online on the e-Citizen platform and present themselves at the Kenya Embassy in Stockholm for submission.
1. Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
2. Go to dis.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
3. Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
4. Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
5. Download and print the application form and two application receipts.
6. Book an appointment with the Kenya Embassy, Stockholm on email@example.com
7. Submit the application form in person to the Kenya Embassy in Stockholm
Points to note:
1. Kindly ensure that you have read and understood the guidelines and requirements both on www.ecitizen.go.ke and those listed below before submitting your application.
2. Applicants must apply for the e-passport on the e-citizen platform before booking an appointment for submission at the Kenya Embassy, Stockholm.
3. Incomplete passport applications will not be processed.
4. For the submission at the Kenya Embassy Stockholm, applicants must provide an original Kenyan Birth Certificate, parent’s Identity Card (in the case of minor’s) and the Passport that is being replaced.
5. The waiting period is approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
6. Dual Citizens are required to declare their other nationality prior to applying for an e-passport.
7. Those required to apply to regain Kenya citizenship are expected to do so online on fns.immigration.go.ke and submit hard copies to the Kenya Embassy, before applying for an e-passport.
8. Photographs should be 2inches by 2 inches, clear, and with all facial features clearly outlined against a white background. Spectacles should not be worn.
9. Collection of passports is strictly via postal services. At the time of application, applicants are required to provide a secure, registered, and trackable self-addressed envelope with pre-paid postage stamps. The envelope should have sufficient return postage and clearly indicate full names and postcode of the applicant.
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|34 pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs.4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|