Emergency Certificates are issued only in cases of genuine emergency. This is a one-way
document, issued to a Kenyan who needs to travel to Kenya urgently and has mutilated or lost
a passport. The applicant must present himself/ herself to the Embassy in PERSON for
Requirements for Emergency Travel Documents are as follows: –
- Complete Form 19 (Recommender section not required);
- Application to be submitted at least three (3) official days to travel date;
- Two (2) passport size photographs (See specifications);
- Copy of Birth Certificate;
- Copy of Kenya Passport and National Identity Card;
- Ticket itinerary to Kenya;
- An application letter clearly indicating IN FULL, the reasons for emergency, your
residential address, telephone number, email, and postal address;
- Processing fee of SEK 200; and
- Fee to be paid (Click here).
- A self-address envelope with sufficient stamps, international coupons or click here for
information on postal charges.
Click for checklist to enable accurate submission of requirements
Kindly note that emergency documents are strictly issued on emergency cases only,
consequently the applicant shall be required to provide proof.