A child born outside of Kenya to a Kenyan citizen parent (s) is eligible for Kenyan citizenship.
Passport Requirements for a minor (Below 18 years):
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke;
- Ecitizen pre-filled passport application Form and two payment receipts;
- Original and a copy of Kenyan birth certificate;
- Original Kenya National ID card of the parent presenting the child and copies of Kenyan IDs from both parents;
- Copies of Parents’ passports (both parents);
- Copies of the Father’s / Mother’s Kenyan Birth certificate;
- Signed parental consent Form;
- Additional documentary proof of Kenya citizenship may be required if necessary;
- Two recent passport size photographs on a white background (2 by 2 inches). The photo should be taken without spectacles, earings and both ears should be visible hence no hair on the forehead.