Declaration of Voluntary Renunciation of Kenyan Citizenship proceeds from section 19 (1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011 which provides that where a Kenyan citizen by birth voluntarily makes a declaration of renunciation of Kenyan citizenship, in the prescribed manner, the Cabinet Secretary shall cause the declaration to be registered.
What are the requirements: –
- Declaration form duly completed and Notarized with official stamps.
- Three(3) current, clear and un-mounted passport size photographs not less than 6 months. Click for specifications;
- Original and copy of Kenyan National Identity card;
- Copy of other country’s passport or proof of citizenship;
- Verify that you have the required document/pre-requisites and you meet the relevant criteria before you apply;
- Copy of Birth Certificate;
- Fee of SEK 2,000 to be paid to (Click here); and
- A self-address envelope with sufficient stamps, international coupons or click here for information on postal charges.
• No earing or headgear(no hats).
•Hair should be away from the face
Click for checklist to enable accurate submission of requirements
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted; and
- Registration fee is non-refundable.