Faqs on Embassy Issues
1. Where can I apply for a Kenyan passport
Embassy of Kenya
Birger Jarlsgatan 37
103 95 Stockholm.
Telephone: +46 (0)8 218300
Fax: +46 (0)8 209261
2. What happens to my passport after ten years from the date of issue?
It expires and you need to apply for a new passport.
3. How long does it take for a new Kenya passport to be issued?
It takes approximately 6-8 weeks business days to process your passport. (For replacement ,mutilated and new passport cases only. Time period for lost passport is on a case by case basis.)
4. What is the address of the Kenya Embassy website?
5. What steps should I take if my passport gets lost?
Check the lost and found section. If your name is not on the list you are required to apply for a new passport.See application for lost passport.
6. What is an application for a new passport for?
When your passport is Five years old (from the date of issue) it expires and you therefore need to apply for a new passport.
7. (a) Kindly be informed that whereas the mission will continue to assist in cases of emergency, we shall not tolerate negligence of those Kenyans who deliberately choose to ignore to replace their passports on time and wait until it has expired.
You are therefore required to ensure that you renew your passport six months prior to the expiry date.
(b) Kindly also note that you are required to keep a copy of your passport at all times. This will assist us to process your passport in case your passport gets lost. This copy should be kept in a separate place from your passport.