ADVERTISEMENT FOR A VACANT POSITION OF A REPRESENTATION DRIVER AT KENYA EMBASSY, STOCKHOLM
REF: KES/JOB ADVERT/DRIVER/2019
Applications are invited for a vacant position of a representation driver at Kenya Embassy, Stockholm on three year contractual basis, renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate appointed to the vacant position will be responsible to Kenya Embassy, Stockholm for providing safe and timely driving as well as assist with office duties as may be assigned from time to time. Specific duties include: –
- driving the Ambassador;
- mapping out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip;
- familiarise with traffic and weather reports to stay up to date on road conditions;
- routine checks and maintenance of the vehicle;
- maintenance of work tickets;
- knowledge of first aid assistance;
- detecting and reporting any malfunctioning of the vehicle’s systems;
- security of the vehicle on and off the road;
- safety of passengers and/or goods;
- carrying authorised passengers and/or goods;
- cleanliness and overall vehicle maintenance and management;
- providing courier services whenever needed; and
- any other duties as assigned by the Ambassador or authorised officer.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must: –
- have at least five (5) years cumulative service in a comparable position;
- have a valid driving licence (Class B and above);
- submit a sealed Police Clearance Certificate (renewable every year);
- have proof from transport license office (Transportstyrelsen) that your driving licence has never been recalled for the last 5 years;
- have medical certification of suitability to drive;
- be fluent in Swedish and English languages. Proficiency in other Nordic languages will be an added advantage;
- flexible to work beyond working hours;
- demonstrate outstanding professional competence, adherence to smartness, customer friendly with effective oral and writing skills;
- be computer literate;
- be visionary, a team player, high integrity, results oriented, innovative and committed to continuous learning;
- able to observe confidentiality;
- be a resident of Sweden and/or have a valid work permit; and
- submit at least three references and previous employer/s certificates/letter.
Remuneration package is negotiable for the successful candidate but commensurate with the job and experience.
Interested persons whose qualifications and competencies are consistent with specified duties, responsibilities and requirements for the representation driver at Kenya Embassy are encouraged to apply.
The application letter together with curriculum vitae, three referees (Not family or friends), relevant copies of testimonials and other applicable documents should reach the Embassy on or before Friday 6th December, 2019. The mailing address is either: –
Birger Jarlsgatan 37, 2nd Floor
P.O BOX 7496, 10395 Stockholm
November 19th, 2019
Kenya Embassy, Stockholm