PURPOSE OF THE SERVICE CHARTER
The purpose of this Service Charter is to inform our stakeholders of the services we offer, our service standards and mechanisms for redress where our services fall short of expectations. This Service Charter also highlights our core functions, values and our commitment to continuously improve the quality of our services and service delivery to our customers.
To articulate and implement Kenya’s Foreign Policy in the Kingdoms of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and the Republics of Finland and Iceland.
A model Diplomatic Mission for enhancing mutual development opportunities and sustainable partnerships.
To advance the interests of Kenya and her nationals in Nordic countries through innovative diplomacy.
The following are our core functions:-
- Promoting Kenya’s Foreign Policy ;
- Representing Kenya in countries of accreditation ;
- Promotion and Protection of Kenya’s national interests;
- Promote and further develop military and security co-operation;
- Strengthening, initiating and facilitating Bilateral Cooperation and Partnership between Kenya and countries of accreditation in the areas of Economics, Politics, Education, Development and Deffence;
- Promotion of Kenya as a Trade, Investment and Tourism destination;
- Promotion and facilitation of knowledge transfer from the Nordics to Kenya;
- Articulate common positions on EAC, COMESA, IGAD and African Union policies;
- Strategic engagement and protection of Kenyan Diaspora; and,
- Provision of Consular Services.
The values that guide us in discharging our duties are:
We shall treat our customers with courtesy, respect and promptness.
Our staff shall exercise loyalty and uphold allegiance to the Republic of Kenya at all times.
We shall promote teamwork to enhance service delivery. The Ministry will further inculcate a sense of shared and collective responsibility for the execution of its mandate.
Our members of staff shall exercise high level of professional competence and confidentiality in all their work.
Integrity and Integrity
We will embrace transparency and accountability in all operations of the Ministry.
Equity and Fairness.
We shall promote justice, impartiality and diversity in all our dealings.
Creativity and Innovation
We adopt forward thinking with ability to integrate new talent and ideas for suitable solutions in our service delivery.
OUR CUSTOMERS AND STAKEHOLDERS
Our customers include:
- Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Republic of Kenya;
- Kenya Diplomatic Missions;
- County Governments of Kenya;
- The Executive, Legislative and Judicial arms of Kenya Governments;
- The Kenyan public including foreign nationals;
- Kenyans living and travelling abroad;
- Suppliers and merchants;
- Non-state actors (Inter-governmental Organizations, Non-governmental Organizations, Community Based Organizations and Foreign Based Organizations with interest to Kenya);
- Foreign missions accredited to the Nordics;
- Governments of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden;
- United Nations and International Organizations;
- Development partners;
- Private sector and civil society;
- The general public; and
- Consumers of our products and services.
We provide the following services:
To Kenyan Citizens
To the Ministry of Foreign Affairs other Ministries and Departments:
- Primary interface and coordination with the Nordics;
- Facilitation and participation in events for the promotion of trade, investment, tourism and culture in the Nordics;
- Periodical reports;
- Facilitation of official delegations from Kenya to countries of accreditation;
- Facilitation of delegation from countries of accreditation to Kenya;
- Welfare of Mission Staff;
- Transparent and accountable financial transactions; and
- Co-ordinate official bilateral meetings between institutions in Kenya and their counterparts in countries of accreditation.
TO COUNTRIES OF ACCREDITATION:
- Information on Trade and Investment opportunities in Kenya;
- Provision of information on the developments in Kenya;
- Dissemination of information on events in Kenya such as Government Policies, Education, Tourism, Culture etc.;
- Promote friendly and cordial bilateral relations;
- Articulate Kenya’s Foreign Policy; and
- Issuance of visas.
OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
We will endeavour to:
- Identify ourselves when we speak to clients;
- Provide prompt services to our clients;
- Ensure that our Website is updated promptly and user friendly;
- Ensure brochures and other communication materials are available on the website and at the Embassy reception;
- Treat all customers with respect and courtesy, maintaining confidentiality where required;
- Be courteous and helpful in our interactions; 7
- Reply and/or acknowledge official communication through letters, faxes and e-mails within two (2) working
- Act with care, diligence, honesty and integrity as we prepare to respond and deal with your issues;
- Refer enquiries that we cannot answer to an appropriate authority;
- Notify customers promptly when the services required do not fall within our mandate;
- Provide prompt information that is accurate and current;
- Deal with customer’s enquiries and complaints promptly and effectively;
- Answer and return phone calls promptly;
- Attend to visitors promptly on arrival and wherever possible facilitate appointments;
- Except in unavoidable circumstances notify you of the national celebrations at least two weeks in advance;
- Make prompt payment of goods, services and works rendered to the Mission in accordance with Kenya Government procurement rules, procedures and regulations and also in line with applicable diplomatic conventions;
- Respect and uphold the quality standards, regulations or rules of etiquette and principles prescribed by the Government of Kenya; and
- Adhere to deadlines agreed upon or set by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kenya for the submission of documents and/or information.
Will aim to:
- Ensure improved quality of our services by continuously incorporating new innovations and standards as well as client needs, suggestions and feedback;
- Further improve procedures for monitoring the quality of our services and reporting the results; and
- Carry out random surveys regarding our services.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMERS
We are committed to providing quality services to all our customers as follows:
- Providing a welcoming working environment;
- Uphold mutual respect, professionalism and integrity;
- Provide effective and efficient services;
- Be proactive in undertaking our duties and responsibilities;
- Provide timely and relevant information and/or documents as and when required;
- Treat both information and our customers with confidentially;
- Treat our customers with respect and courtesy;
- Maintain an open door policy to all in need of our services;
- Upgrade the ways in which we deliver our services, in line with increasing improvements in technology and the changing needs of our clients;
- Develop a more streamlined system of handling enquiries and feedback on our services.
OUR CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS
As Customers, to ensure that you receive quality service, you are expected to fulfill the following obligations:
- Familiarize with relevant procedures, guidelines and requirements;
- Identify yourself when you interact with us and provide accurate contacts, visiting address and email particulars;
- Provide accurate, timely information and documentation to facilitate prompt action;
- Uphold professionalism and integrity in your interactions with us;
- Treat our staff courteously and with respect;
- Give your feedback, views and comments to help us monitor and improve the relevance and quality of our services;
- Observe and respect our procedures, rules and regulations; and;
- Respect Kenya culture and values;
COMMITMENTS TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
To each other as Mission staff, we endeavour to:-
- Uphold team work and collective responsibility
- Hire and retain staff of high caliber to promote a quality diplomatic service
- Avail equal training opportunities to our internal customers
- Facilitate career progression within internal customers
- Promptly and positively respond to staff needs
- Provide a conducive working environment
- Courtesy and respect
- Fairness, equity and gender parity
- Honesty, transparency and accountability; and
- Respect for family values
FEEDBACK MECHANISM Will aim to:
We believe that every client is entitled to prompt, considerate and efficient service. Our Mission welcomes complaints, comments and suggestions pertaining to the performance of our functions, services and obligations as outlined in this Service Charter. Whenever possible these complaints should be done in writing and addressed to: -
Box 7694, 103 95 Stockholm, Sweden
HOW TO CONTACT US
- Kenya Embassy Stockholm
Birger Jarlsgatan 37, 2fl.
Stockholm - Sweden
Telephone : +46 (0) 8 218300/04/09
Tele fax : +46 (0) 8 209261
Website : www.kenyaembassystockholm.com
We will be available:
- The Mission is open from 9:00 to 16:00 hours, Monday to Friday – with lunch break of one hour between 13:00-14:00 hours. However, during winter season, the Mission is open from 9:00- 16:00 hours. The Mission remains closed on Kenyan and Swedish national holidays. A full list of these holidays is set out herein below:-
- COPY OF SERVICE CHARTER
|1 st January||New year’s Day||Kenya & Sweden|
|6 th January||Epiphany||Sweden|
|Not fixed||Good Friday||Kenya & Sweden|
|Not fixed||Easter Monday||Kenya & Sweden|
|1 st May||Labour Day||Kenya & Sweden|
|Not fixed||Ascension Day||Sweden|
|1 st June||Madaraka Day||Kenya|
|6 th June||National Day||Sweden|
|Not fixed||Midsummer Day||Sweden|
|20 th October||Mashujaa ( Heroes’) Day||Kenya|
|Not fixed||All Saints’s Day||Sweden|
|Not fixed||Idd-Ul- Fitr||Kenya|
|12 th December||Jamhuri (Independence) Day||Kenya|
|24 th December||Christmas Eve||Sweden|
|25 th December||Christmas Day||Kenya & Sweden|
|26 th December||Boxing Day||Kenya & Sweden|
|31 st December||New year Eve||Kenya & Sweden|
*When a Kenya public holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is observed as the official holiday.