Voluntary Renunciation of Citizenship
Declaration of Voluntary Renunciation of Kenyan Citizenship proceeds from section
19 (1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011 which provides that where
a Kenyan citizen by birth voluntarily makes a declaration of renunciation of Kenyan
citizenship, in the prescribed manner, the Cabinet Secretary shall cause the
declaration to be registered.
What are the requirements: -
- A duly completed application form 6;
- Three(3) current, clear and un-mounted passport size photographs not less than 6 months. Click for specifications;
• No earing or headgear(no hats).
•Hair should be away from the face
- Original and copies of Kenyan passport;
- Original and copy of Kenyan National Identity card;
- Copy of other country’s passport or proof of citizenship; and
- Verify that you have the required document/pre-requisites and you meet the
relevant criteria before you apply
- Fee of SEK 2,000 to be paid to (Click here); and
- A self-address envelope with sufficient stamps, international coupons or click here for information on postal charges.
- Click for checklist to enable accurate submission of requirements
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted;
- Registration fee is non-refundable; and
- Application must be presented to the Immigration officer in Nairobi