Regaining of Kenyan Citizenship
Section 10(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act, 2011 provides that: -
- A person who was a citizen of Kenya by birth and who ceased to be a citizen
of Kenya because he or she acquired the citizenship of another country may
apply in the prescribed manner, to the Cabinet Secretary to regain Kenyan
- The application under subsection
- Shall be accompanied by—
- Proof of applicant’s previous Kenyan citizenship;
- Proof of citizenship of the other country;
The requirements for regaining citizenship include: -
- One(1) Form 19 dully completed/filled online and signed;
- Copy of Kenyan passport previously held;
- Copy of National Identity Card previously held;
- Copy of birth certificate issued by Government of Kenya at birth;
- Copy of Passport of the other country;
- Three(3) current, clear and un-mounted passport size photographs not less than 6 months. Click for specifications;
• No earing or headgear(no hats).
•Hair should be away from the face
- Fee of SEK 500 paid to (Click here); and
- Verify that you have the required document/pre-requisites and you meet the
relevant criteria before you apply.
- Copy of the certificate of naturalization if not in Swedish/ Norwegian must be translated into English.
- A self-address envelope with sufficient stamps, international coupons or click here for information on postal charges.
- Click for checklist to enable accurate submission of requirements
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted;
- Fee paid is non-refundable; and
- Application must be presented to the Immigration officer in Nairobi