This Constitution is the supreme law of the Republic of Kenya and binds all persons and all State organs at both levels of government as follows: -
- No person may claim or exercise State authority except as authorised under the Constitution;
- Every Kenyan National has an obligation to respect, uphold and defend the Constitution;
- The validity or legality of the Constitution is not subject to challenge by or before any court or other State organ;
- Any law, including customary law, that is inconsistent with the Constitution is void to the extent of the inconsistency, and any act or omission in contravention of this Constitution is invalid; and
- The general rules of international law shall form part of the law of Kenya and Any treaty or convention ratified by Kenya shall form part of the law of Kenya under this Constitution.
To view full contents of the Kenya constitution, 2010, Click here